Earning extra money on top of your day job can significantly improve your life. It can help you better cover your expenses, grow your savings, or share more with your loved ones.
There are many ways to generate additional income and here is a list of creative ways you can earn that extra cash while living abroad.
1. Sell items online - Do you have a lot of unwanted items lying around you would like to get rid off or simply have a knack for art and crafts and creating things? List and sell them on social media or in an online marketplace or create your online shop and watch these items turn into gold.
2. Consider online tutoring - Do you consider yourself an expert at a particular topic? One of the best ways of earning extra cash is tutoring and helping other students get better at your field of expertise. There are a lot of websites that connects you with students in need of a tutor for different topics such as Tutor.com and Skooli.com.
3. Rent out your room - Make that extra room in your apartment an additional source of income by renting it out on websites like Airbnb. But, before doing so, take time to read about urban rental laws in your country and do your research on how much similar listings are priced in your neighborhood to stay competitive.
4. Work as a freelancer - Do you have a special and hard-to-find skill that you can earn money from? Do you enjoy writing essays, creating websites or managing social media platforms? There are many websites and platforms where freelancers like you can offer your services, and make significant money from your talents such as Freelancer.com or Upwork.com. There are also social media pages or groups that post freelance job listings.
5. Be a translator - Make the most out of your English skills by offering to translate simple documents such as menus, flyers, and other marketing collaterals. Many businesses do these themselves and sometimes not perfectly. There’s always an opportunity to offer help in creating better translated marketing materials that would attract more customers.
With these recommendations, you can definitely earn more money and send more to your loved ones back home. To learn more about Remitly, visit www.remitly.com/nomads.